Connect now with The Yoga and Wellness Studio, Smiths Fall’s premier Yoga, Spinning, Group Fitness and Personal Training Studio. Offering the most comprehensive class schedule in the area, led by our internationally and nationally certified Yoga Teachers and Fitness Professionals we focus on quality and not quantity by offering small class sizes.
Since we believe in bringing the best in quality programming and instruction to the region, our instructor’s, coaches and yoga teacher’s certifications/qualifications include:
- Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) with additional certifications in Ashtanga, Yin, Power, Kids, Warrior, Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra, and Core Strength Vinyasa, Pre and Post Natal Yoga and LifeForce Level 1;
- Yoga Therapy;
- American Council on Exercise, YMCA and CanFit certified in group fitness and personal training;
- CrossFit Level I trainers;
- CrossFit Kids Trainer;
- Agatsu Level I & II KettleBell Coaches;
- Crossfit Olympic Lifting Coach;
- Ultimate XT Bootcamp Coach;
- KBTA Level 1 & 2 Kettlebell Trainer Specialist;
- World Kettlebell Club (WKC) Fitness Trainer and Kettlebell Coach
- Zumba® Level 1, 2, and Zumbatomics® Instructor;
- Piloxing® Instructors;
- Spinning® Instructors;
- Turbokick® Instructors;
- Group Strength Instructors;
- Fitness Kickboxing Level II Coach;
- Pilates Level I and II Instructors;
- TRX system trainers
Choose from classes in Hatha, Yin, Warm/Hot Yoga, Power Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Kids Yoga, Yoga for Teens, Stretch and Flex for Seniors, LifeForce Yoga For Mood Management and Pre and Post Natal Yoga. Our yoga classes are led by yoga teachers certified at the 200 or 500 hour level and focus on creating an environment that is warm, fun and encouraging, regardless of your experience or age.
Our group fitness classes include: Bootcamps, TBC (Total Body Conditoning) , BOSU, TRX, Group Strength, HardCORE, Yoga on The Stability Ball, and Spinning®.
We focus on offering:
- Quality Student-Ratio in classes-max 15
- Pre-Registering is an option – Feel Free to Attend any Classes, Anytime
- No membership fees
- A variety of options-pay as you go, class cards; annual, monthly plans available
- Private Specialized Studio Space in a designated heritage building with natural light and soothing decor
For those wanting to expand their personal yoga practice or inspire others, our Yoga Teacher Training Program is approved by Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level and our 300 Hour Yoga Therapy Training Program. We are a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
The Yoga and Wellness Studio is an approved Certified Private Educational Institution by The Minister of Employment and Social Development and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 200, 300 and Yoga Therapy Teacher Training programs. Students taking our programs are eligible to receive an official tuition fee receipt which allows students to qualify for Tuition and Education Tax Credits on their personal income tax for the tuition paid for these programs.
Meet Our Instructors-Kerry Lavigne
RYT 200, CRYT, Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra Instructor
With a voice as smooth as butter, Kerry leads Yoga Nidra that lulls everyone into a sense of calm and tranquility. Always interested in energy healing and helping people, Kerry had intended to pursue education in this field. Though she had noticed posters about yoga teacher training, it wasn’t until a poster fell in the front of the door she was exiting that Kerry decided to enroll in yoga teacher training. It was here that she unexpectedly discovered a love for yoga and a passion for teaching it, as well. Now a graduate of the 200-hour teacher training through the Yoga & Wellness Studio, Kerry has enjoyed every teaching opportunity and loves assisting others on their yoga journey. With a strong inclination to teach children’s and restorative yoga as well, Kerry has embarked on her children’s certification, taking additional training to enhance and strengthen her knowledge. What started as a way to reduce stress became so much more and Kerry is looking forward to teaching more classes at the studio. Her respect and regard for her students is obvious as is her desire to make a positive impact to their personal yoga journey. Yoga is not just a human ‘doing’, it’s also a human ‘being’ – mind, body and spirit as one.